As Prince Waikiki responds to the challenge of the coronavirus (COVID-19), our thoughts and aloha go out to those who have been affected by this global event. We are deeply grateful to the individuals and communities working on the front lines to contain this situation.
Please know the safety and health of our guests and ambassadors are our first priority. We are closely monitoring on a daily basis the most up-to-date guidelines through the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and local authorities to ensure a healthy stay with us.
In this unsettling climate, we thank you in advance for placing your continued trust in Prince Waikiki as you plan for future travel. We remain committed to doing everything we can to reinforce measures recommended by government and public health officials.
Our ambassadors work daily to ensure Prince Waikiki meets the latest hygiene and cleaning guidance from the CDC and WHO. Our stringent health and safety protocols address a wide spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19.
Given the evolving nature of the COVID-19 impact, we have also adapted our cancellation policy to provide our guests with additional flexibility. For any reservations booked through a third party, please contact your booking provider for further information on their policies.
As we navigate these challenging times, we reassure you that your health and well-being are of our utmost priority. Prince Waikiki will always be ready to welcome you with aloha.
ENHANCED SANITATION PROCEDURES
The safety and well-being of our guests, team members and the community are our first priority and appropriate hygiene standards and recommended measures have been put into place with all of our staff and management.
In addition to our normal high standards of cleanliness and hygiene, the following preventative measures have been communicated to all our staff and is currently in place:
- Utilization of hospital grade cleaners to all internal departments and Housekeeping staff.
- Implement additional precautionary measures and procedures to sanitize all areas and particularly common touch points such as door handles, elevator buttons, escalator handrails, door handles, restaurants, bars and guestrooms.
- Provide hand sanitizers to all departments and public areas.
- Provide a sign board that communicates any guests not feeling well due to fever or respiratory symptoms to please inform the hotel staff immediately.
- Report any guests that appear to be ill to hotel management and offer assistance to provide information to local medical clinics.
- Require mandatory sick leave if an employee appears to have symptoms of the COVID-19 virus and mandatory leave from work up to 14 days as well as suggested self-isolation/medical visit prior to return to work.
- Use sanitized cloth with high grade cleaners to wipe tables at restaurant outlets.
- Change out buffet tongs regularly and place tongs on separate trays so they do not touch the food.
- Clean cooking lids, salt/table condiment settings and any other items that guests touch regularly.
- Require restaurant staff to wash their hands and sanitize every 30-60 minutes.
- Provide internal training on preventative measures.
- Post internal handwashing poster in areas conspicuous to team members (i.e. break rooms, cafeteria, timeclocks, hotel associate entrance, etc.)
UPDATES TO HOURS OF OPERATIONS & OUTLETS
With the recent mandates from our Hawaii State Government and Hawaii State Department of Health and in an effort to continue to ensure the safety of our ambassadors, guests and community, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close our hotel effective Thursday, March 26, 2020 through Thursday, April 30, 2020.
We will be waiving all change and cancellation fees as well as refunding any deposits for reservation booked for stays through these dates. As of this time, we are looking forward to accepting new and rebooked reservations for arrivals on and after May 1, 2020. Please contact our Reservations Department at #855-622-7558 or [email protected] between the hours of 7:00am – 7:00pm (Monday – Friday), 8:00am – 6:00pm (Saturday) and 8:00am – 5:00pm (Sunday) Hawaii Standard time to cancel or rebook your stay. You may also modify your reservations through our hotel website at princewaikiki.com. For those guests who booked through our valued travel partners, please contact them directly for their individual policies and assistance.
100 Sails Restaurant & Bar:
- Effective 3/20/20, the restaurant dining room will be closed.
- Hotel guests will have the option to place “take out/to go” orders through In Room Dining for 100 Sails Restaurant breakfast, lunch and dinner during the restaurant hours of 6:00am – 10:00pm daily.
- Guests may pick up the orders at the restaurant or have delivered to their guestroom upon request.
- Adjusted menus which will be prepared to go and can be picked up at the restaurant or delivered to the guestroom will be available for all f&b packages booked on a room campaign, promotion or voucher.
- Guests may purchase an upgrade to additional items directly with the restaurant.
- All live entertainment will also be cancelled.
- Effective 3/20/20, Hinana Bar will be closed.
In Room Dining:
- Hours of Operations will remain as 24 hours daily.
- The current IRD Menu (excluding Katsumidori Sushi options) will be available.
- Effective 3/20/20, the Club Lounge will be closed.
- Club Lounge guests will be able to order an entree through In Room Dining as a “take out/to go” option which can be picked up at 100 Sails Restaurant or delivered to their guestroom upon request between the hours of 6:00am – 10:00pm.
- The Club Lounge outside seating deck will be open and available during pool hours for Club Lounge guests.
Katsumidori Sushi Tokyo:
- Effective 3/18/20 – 4/30/20 Katsumidori will be closed.
- Effective March 20, 2020, Honolulu Coffee will be temporarily closed until further notice.
Retail Shops (Accents, Abiste):
- Accents: Hours of operations will remain the same.
- Abiste: Closed from March 23, 2020 – April 30, 2020
- Closed from March 20 – April 30, 2020.
Hawaii Prince Golf Course:
- Closed from March 24 – April 30, 2020
These operations will remain in effect until further notice. Please refer to this page for the latest updates and changes.
UPDATED CANCELLATION POLICY
Given the evolving nature of the COVID-19 impact, we have also adapted our cancellation policy to provide our guests with additional flexibility.
Until April 30, 2020, we will waive change and cancellation fees for new and existing reservations up to and including the date of scheduled arrival. This includes pre-paid and restrictive reservations but excludes any group or event bookings.
For any reservations booked through a third party, please contact your booking provider for further information on their policies.