A Guide to Catching a Magical Oahu Sunrise
There’s no better way for Prince Waikiki guests to end their day than watching the sunset from enjoying a refreshing cocktail at the Hinana Bar on the Muliwai Deck. This experience is made even more enjoyable when listening to local artists perform during SunSets Live. A great way to start the day is by watching the sunrise over Oahu from some of the best spots on the island. Don’t forget to grab a coffee from a local shop before or after this experience.
The Top Spots to Watch a Waikiki Sunrise
During the summer, the sunrise starts around 6 a.m., so travelers will need to set their alarms early to witness this stunning site from the best vantage points near this upscale resort.
- Koko Crater: The views from the top of the Koko Crater Railway Trail of the sun rising over the waters make the effort to reach it worth it. This is a short 1.4-mile hike but takes you up an extreme incline of stairs.
- Kahanamoku Beach: Start the morning off listening to the waves crashing onto the beach just a short distance away from Prince Waikiki. Guests will beat the crowds while enjoying a tranquil view.
- Lanikai Pillbox Lookout: Hike up to Lanikai Pillbox Lookout as the sun rises over the Mokulua Islands. This is a subtly steep hike, so visitors should be sure to wear sturdy shoes.
- Diamond Head: Opening at 6 a.m., Diamond Head State Monument is the perfect spot later in the summer and early fall as the sunrise gets later and later. Hike the trails to find the ideal place to see the sky change colors. There is an entrance and parking fee to enter the park.
- Ala Moana Regional Park: Enjoy a coffee and pastry from the picnic tables or the sandy beaches at Ala Moana Regional Park. This is the perfect spot for guests that want to enjoy a sunrise without having to wake up extra early.
Guests who stay in a Lanai Suite at Prince Waikiki can take in the sunrise from their private rooftop balcony.
Take in Stunning Views during a Waikiki Getaway
Whether travelers are hoping to catch a sunrise from an Oahu lookout or a romantic sunset on the beach, there’s no shortage of picturesque views to take in during a Honolulu vacation. From its contemporary accommodations to delicious on-site dining options, Prince Waikiki is the ideal upscale hotel for a tropical escape. Learn more about special offers or booking a stay by calling 855-622-7558 or emailing [email protected].