Kamaʻāina Staycation Ideas for Couples
With 14-day quarantine bans on interisland travel being lifted for Hawaii residents, a natural need for a long-awaited staycation will build for countless kamaʻāina. The nation needs to unplug, unwind, relax, and indulge in an effort to wholly rejuvenate. Luckily, Prince Waikiki gleefully provides discounted kamaʻāina rates to promote interisland exploration. The hotel acts as a haven for those who love the island lifestyle but wish to laze in a pristine, sophisticated setting. For some, the art of a staycation is a lost talent, mainly because the world has been so undeniably accessible for several decades. Recent events have changed the way many look at travel. Prince’s concierge team has amassed these staycation ideas for couples looking for a long-overdue change of pace and a healthy dose of romance.
Indulge in the Finer Things
Prince Waikiki prides itself on being luxurious while undeniably value-driven, thanks to its various offers, such as the aforementioned kamaʻāina discount. While Prince’s on-site restaurants are certainly enticing, most guests will likely utilize the elaborate in-room private dining service. After all, most romantic moments happen in privacy. Many simplistic, yet opulent staycation ideas for couples revolve around the Club Lounge, an exclusive space that includes complimentary hors d’oeuvres, chilled beverages, personalized services, a members-only terrace, and expedited check out.
The eye-popping Pacific Ocean views, especially around dusk, are tremendously vivid and heart-warming. Prince Waikiki also provides free shuttles to many local attractions, such as Waikiki Beach, Hawaii Prince Golf Club, and Ala Moana Center, the world’s largest open-air shopping mall. And don’t forget about the hotel’s row of Biki rentals—pedaling through Kaka’ako, Downtown Honolulu, and Waikiki is an idyllic way to spend a sunny afternoon in paradise. Couples can even greet the day with a steamy, chocolatey latte from Honolulu Coffee Company, conveniently located in the lobby.
10 Off-Site Staycation Ideas for Couples: Explore the Isle
While there’s something magical about visiting all of Oahu’s most beloved attractions, the island is filled to the brim with possibilities. From sandy beaches to lush landscapes and colorful street art, there’s nothing quite like Oahu.
- Find a secluded beach (there are 125 to choose between).
- Go horseback riding at Kualoa Ranch.
- Drive up to the North Shore, a particularly beautiful slice of Hawaiian paradise.
- Plan a mid-day picnic at a nearby park or beach.
- Embark on a self-guided wine tasting tour.
- Snap Instagram pics of Kaka’ako’s sublime street art murals, which are refreshed every February.
- Try beach yoga during the day’s first or last light.
- Spend an afternoon hiking on a couple of the island’s most isolated trails.
- Cross as many items off of this comprehensive island-inspired bucket list.
- Trek into the “unknown” in search of native birds. Birding remains one of the most obscure staycation ideas for couples, along with forest bathing and Geocaching®.
The Best Hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii
Prince Waikiki remains the top-ranked hotel in Honolulu, according to TripAdvisor, a fact that its team doesn’t take lightly. The hotel’s staff utilizes enhanced sanitation procedures to ensure each guest’s safety, which is priority number one. Please read about Prince’s updated cancellation policies, personalized services, and overall guest experience before booking a summer or fall stay. That’s why bookings can be modified after the fact. It’s never been easier to find an offer built around flexibility. Book now and save on a future stay!