10 Socially-Distanced Things to Do in Oahu with Kids
As the island, and all of Hawaii, steadily inches toward semi-normalcy, countless families are beginning to line up late-summer or autumn plans en route to luxuriant Prince Waikiki, the top-ranked hotel in Honolulu. The city itself is widely revered for its romantic facets, such as sophisticated suites, heart-melting sunsets, and sumptuous dining experiences. But there’s so much natural beauty to behold on Oahu, which, in turn, leads to a diverse array of outdoor recreation. Adolescent’s likes and dislikes vary by the hour, but Oahu’s magical landscape will undoubtedly capture their attention. Despite new practices of social distancing, there is no shortage of things to do in Oahu with kids, particularly for those families who value adventure, wildlife, and the sea.
Things to Do in Oahu with Kids: Hit the Open Road
The time to start planning a well-deserved getaway is now, particularly when Prince Waikiki is extending special offers via the “Book Now, Save Later” promotion. Oahu spans 597 square miles; thus, it’s quite common for families to rent a car in an effort to explore the island’s many corners. While Waikiki has everything that a family could need on any given day, it’s critical to experience the various natural and cultural wonders that Oahu offers. Prince Waikiki’s friendly concierge team could probably collate 100 things to do in Oahu with kids. However, these 10 selections encapsulate the genuine allure of this ethereal destination.
- Spend a day on the beach. The island boasts 125 beaches. Each has its own unique enchantment, including Honolulu’s Waikiki Beach. Prince Waikiki is within walking distance of three south-facing beaches.
- Embark on a self-guided waterfall tour. While many of these trails are popular, there’s enough pathway to practice proper social distancing.
- Snorkel with the vibrant fish of the Pacific. Nearby Queen’s Beach is often regarded as the premier snorkeling destination along the island’s southern rim.
- Plan a picnic that provides nourishment and visual appeal. Quickly follow the meal with a fun activity, such as beach games, a short hike, or a lengthy coastal drive.
- Rent Biki bicycles and pedal past the city’s many architectural and natural attractions.
- Visit the North Shore, where pro surfers, curious sea turtles, and sunbathers congregate.
- Drive around the entire island with potential stops at Diamond Head State Monument, Makapu‘u Point Lighthouse, Waimanalo Beach, Ho’omaluhia Botanical Garden, Lanikai Pillbox, Kualoa Ranch, Banzai Pipeline, Dole Plantation, or Pearl Harbor.
- Observe vivid, thought-provoking street art murals, while teaching the youngest ones about the symbolic nature of art.
- Hike to one or two of Oahu’s prettiest overlooks. Hiking remains one of the most accessible (and agreeable) things to do in Oahu with kids.
- Try birdwatching to see if the kids can spot some of the island’s most beautiful feathered friends.
The Best Hotels in Waikiki, Hawaii: Seek Prince
Thanks to Prince Waikiki’s enhanced sanitation procedures and a multitude of open-concept areas, guests will no doubt feel at home while lodging at this top-tier luxury hotel. Prince Waikiki Club Rooms include exclusive access to the Club Lounge, while all guests can utilize the convenience of in-room dining. After an evening stroll along the beach or harbor, don’t forget to soak up a vibrant Pacific Ocean sunset. The hotel also boasts a distinct architectural design, as well as various contemporary art displays from local artists. For another handful of things to do in Oahu with kids, please contact Prince’s concierge upon arrival. As one of the best hotels in Hawaii (and the U.S.), the concierge team is highly-trained and professional. Please visit PrinceWaikiki.com for more information.