A Beach City Unlike Any Other: The Top 10 Waikiki Events
Honolulu, Hawaii, remains one of the five most desirable tourist destinations in the world. This diverse, jaw-dropping city is overflowing with historical significance, bucket list possibilities, and heartwarming beaches. Many visitors are pleasantly surprised to discover an array of distinct neighborhoods bordering Downtown, such as artistic Kaka’ako, bustling Ala Moana, and, of course, picturesque Waikiki. Shrewd travelers often select Prince Waikiki for an extended escape from the Mainland’s busy streets, erratic weather, and stressful workplaces. Prince Waikiki has quickly evolved into the top-rated luxury hotel in Honolulu, according to TripAdvisor. Part of Prince’s allure is the fact that its luxuriant, Pacific Ocean-view tower is just a short walk, Biki ride, or drive from the most-anticipated Waikiki events.
The 10 Best Waikiki Events
Because Honolulu is such a tourist magnet, it’s nearly impossible to accrue the countless annual Waikiki events. That being said, Prince Waikiki’s world-class concierge team has graciously compiled 10 of the premier yearly events in or near the neighborhood. It’s quite common for travelers to search for “Waikiki events this weekend,” which is why the team felt the need to lend a helping hand here on the Travel Tips page.
- Okinawan Festival: September’s annual Okinawan Festival is a visual, cultural, and culinary treat. And Prince provides free shuttles to the Hawaii Convention Center.
- Free Friday Night Fireworks: Like clockwork, Waikiki’s starry sky is met with a vibrant array of colors every Friday evening. The on-site Muliwai Deck boasts, perhaps, the best vantage point of the fireworks in the city.
- Honolulu Marathon: Very few annual Waikiki events attract as many Mainlanders than the Honolulu Marathon, which meanders past Prince’s tower, Kaka’ako, Waikiki Beach, and Diamond Head State Monument.
- Aloha Festivals: Aloha Week is a free, month-long celebration of the island’s distinct history, music, and dance. The event typically begins in late-August.
- Spam Jam: Every April, thousands of pork and ham lovers gather for Spam Jam, a one-of-a-kind street festival approximately 4,000 miles from Minnesota’s Spam Museum.
- Diamond Head Luau: No Hawaiian vacation is complete without an evening at Hawaii’s only farm-to-table luau. And remember: before Googling “Waikiki events today,” simply ask the talented concierge staff for their opinion.
- Great Hawaii Rubber Duckie Race: One of the city’s signature fundraising events takes place in the still waters of the Ala Wai Canal. There’s just something riveting about observing 20,000 bright-yellow rubber duckies floating toward a cure.
- SunSets Live: Every Friday evening, local musicians take center stage at Prince Waikiki’s Muliwai Deck. The show takes place on the hotel’s fifth floor just before sunset—it’s a visual and musical revelation!
- Honolulu Festival: Hundreds of performers from across the globe participate in the annual Honolulu Festival, an important cultural event that promotes ethnic harmony and economic cooperation.
- Waikiki Holiday Parade: Several annual Waikiki events include a rousing parade, but none of them rival the Holiday Parade, which beautifully commemorates the 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor.
Prince Waikiki, a Modern Honolulu Hotel
There’s still ample time to book a well-deserved winter escape to Oahu’s crowning jewel: Prince Waikiki. Not only is Prince a shining example of luxury, art, and convenience, but it’s just a short distance from lively Honolulu nightlife, quintessential excursions, heavenly snorkeling locales, and absorbing museums. To book a long-overdue getaway to sunny Honolulu, please call 1-855-622-7558.