Discover Some of the Best Waterfalls in Hawaii during a Honolulu Getaway
The beautiful islands of Hawaii are home to more than 100 waterfalls. These stunning natural attractions are a must-see for any visitor to Oahu. Prince Waikiki is near some of the best waterfalls in Hawaii that can be found in Honolulu. Visitors looking for a fantastic outdoor excursion should lace up their hiking boots and grab their camera as they explore area trails that end at a breathtaking waterfall.
The Top 5 Waterfalls near Honolulu
Exploring the waterfalls found all over Honolulu is a great way to be immersed in stunning Hawaii’s natural beauty.
- Manoa Falls: Hike through Eucalyptus trees on a 1.6-mile trail that is more like a flat walking path. Swimming is not allowed in the pool at the waterfall’s base, but the stunning views are worth making the short hike.
- Likeke Falls: Sitting below Pali Lookout is Likeke Falls, one of the most accessible falls if you have the proper map or directions. The easiest path is to start from the bottom of the Ko’olau Golf Club and make the quick .8-mile hike to the falls.
- Waimea Falls: Tucked inside Waimea Valley, a botanical garden with cultural significance, is Waimea Falls, sometimes referred to as Waihi Falls. The 45-foot fall is found at the end of the 3.5-mile hike. There is a fee to enter the park.
- Kapena Falls: Explorers looking for a short walk should check out the trail to Kapena Falls. Add an extra thrill to the adventure by trying out cliff jumping. The jump is only about 35-feet and is shallow, so those looking to jump should do so with caution.
- Waimano Falls: Those looking for a little more of a challenge will enjoy the hike it takes to get to Waimano Falls and Pool. The roughly 3-mile trail near Pearl City features a breathtaking cascading waterfall.
Enjoy More Views at Prince Waikiki
After a day taking in the picturesque views of some of the best waterfalls around the island, guests can take in the views from Prince Waikiki. This upscale Hawaii resort offers a range of rooms and suites with breathtaking ocean or harbor views. Before retiring to their contemporary accommodations for the night, guests should check out Hinani Bar on the Muliwai Deck for a refreshing drink while watching the sunset into the ocean. Email [email protected] or call 855-622-7558 to learn more about the resort and special packages.