Map Out the Ultimate Waikiki to the North Shore Day Trip
As soon as guests land in Oahu, they are surrounded by stunning scenery and thrilling adventures. Those who plan on calling Prince Waikiki their home base will soon discover there’s no shortage of amazing activities and attractions to enjoy near this upscale Honolulu hotel. For visitors looking to get out and explore more of this breathtaking island, the hotel’s concierge staff will always recommend a drive from Waikiki to the North Shore.
A Guide to Making the Most Out of the Drive
It takes less than an hour to drive from Prince Waikiki to the North Shore. However, the roughly 30-mile route is filled with unique attractions, so it’s a great idea to start the drive early in the day. This allows travelers time to explore on the way.
- Before leaving the hotel, stop by Honolulu Coffee Company for a delicious and caffeinated cup of coffee for the drive.
- See stunning art displays at the Honolulu Museum of Art, which features a range of exhibits of both local and international artists.
- After exploring the museum, get back on the road and head to Foster Botanical Garden. Located in downtown Honolulu, this 14-acre garden is a refreshing change of scenery.
- Stop by the Bishop Museum to learn about Hawaii’s culture and heritage at this natural and cultural history museum. The museum houses and cares for over 25 million national, cultural and historical treasures.
- Make a detour on the drive to visit KōHana Distillers, which uses sugarcane to produce quality Hawaiian Agricole rum.
- One of the last stops on the drive to the North Shore is the Dole Plantation. This is one of the most popular attractions on Oahu and features a train tour, garden tour, and garden maze.
Once in the North Shore, there is plenty of fun to be had, from watching pro surfers to seeing sea turtles. For more recommendations on where to stop on the drive, talk with Prince Waikiki’s concierge team.
Unwind in Upscale Accommodations
After returning to Prince Waikiki after a day driving to and from the North Shore, relax at the pool deck at the hotel’s adults-only infinity pool before turning in for the night. After an adventure-filled day, guests can rest up in their comfortable yet upscale room. When booking their stay, visitors will have a choice of sophisticated rooms and contemporary suites. To learn more about this Honolulu hotel and its range of amenities, call 855-622-7558 or email [email protected].